Famously Dead - Take Down Notice
In the event that you are the owner of the copyright and/or a related right in any of the material on this website or have a grievance related to a breach of any moral rights you may have in the material on this website, or with respect to any rights of privacy or a similar complaint relating to identifiable individuals included within material on this website, please contact us providing the information requested below. We will properly review your complain and, if there is due proof and basis for your complaint, we shall expeditiously withdraw the material from our website.
In order to process your complaint promptly, this template should be used to document your complaint. This should then be sent to the Complaints Officer at the following email address: email@example.com
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 14 working days of receipt.
From: [Name, address, telephone number and email address of complainant.]
Reference: [Title and unique identifier to which complaint refers] [(subject of complaint)].
Please delete as required:
- 1) Infringement of copyright/authors moral rights/related rights.
- a) The following material is protected by intellectual property law.
- i) [Identify the protected material in as much detail as possible identifying the sites and/or pages and/or location of the material. Indicate the category for protection under intellectual property law (e.g. original literary, dramatic or musical work, software). Specify exactly the extent of use, e.g. by quoting text that has been reproduced] (The Protected Material).
- b) Agreed:
- i) I/we own or am authorised to represent the owner of intellectual property rights in the protected material.
- ii) I am the author/director of and thus have moral rights in the protected material.
- c) I/we hereby give notice of:
- i) Unauthorised use by reason of reproduction and/or making available the protected material; and/or
- ii) Breach of the moral right because my work has been subjected to derogatory treatment, I have not been named as the/an author, or I have been falsely attributed as the/an author.
- a) [Specify the nature of the complaint e.g. defamation, breach of confidence, data protection, use of material depicting an identifiable individual for whom consent has not been sought.]
- b) [Specify the law that is alleged to have been breached, where appropriate].
- c) [Describe the content subject to the complaint in as much detail as possible e.g. by providing links to identify the specific content].
- d) [Explain the nature of the complaint with regard to the applicable law, e.g. that an individual may reliably be identified and thus data protection legislation has been breached]
- 3) I/we hereby request, with reference to the subject of this complaint, you/I/your organisation:
- i) Remove it from the website; and
- ii) Cease further use of it; and
- iii) Withdraw from circulation any materials that include it which is under your control.
- 4) I/we request that you promptly notify me/us when you have complied with my/our request in section 3 above.
- 5) I/we attach/direct you to the following additional information which supports my complaint:[proof of ownership, etc]
- 6) The information contained in this notice is accurate and provided in good faith.
- 7) This notice is given to you without prejudice to any other communication or correspondence relating to the complaint.